|Disclaimer of Endorsement|
and Permissions Notice
Thank you for visiting our web site.
Notice: This is a U.S. Government Computer System
This is a World Wide Web site for official information about United States Navy's Military Sealift Command. It is provided as a public service by Military Sealift Command's Public Affairs Office, Washington, D.C.. The purpose is to provide information and news about the Military Sealift Command to the Navy community, the general public, and the media. All information on this site is public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except to ask the writer's name on incoming e-mail in order that we may respond to an individual, authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for statistical purposes only to determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
We protect your privacy while you visit us online.
- We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to send email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request and not stored.
- Cookie Disclaimer - We do not use computer files (sometimes called "cookies") or any other method to record what you specifically do or where you go on our web site, nor do we use any method to monitor what you've done in the past on our web site.
MSC does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). MSC may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. We DO NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the buttons will not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
- We analyze use of our web site only using aggregated data to understand trends of use among all visitors so we can improve our web site.
- We save data, such as your computer's IP address, logged by our web servers as part of their standard Internet operating functions. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- If you provide us information about yourself via email or a web form, your information will be used only for the purposes described at the point of collection, such as to send information to you, or to respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, MSC staff or its contractors may contact you to clarify your comment or question.
- We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party only in the following cases:
- To legal authorities if we suspect that you are attempting to change or otherwise damage this web site, or you are using it in violation of Federal or local laws;
- To Congress or a court in response to a subpoena.
Reference to specific commercial businesses, products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, on any web site administered by the Military Sealift Command (MSC) does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or by MSC. Recognition of commercial businesses, institutions, and organizations mentioned on any web site administered by MSC that relate, for example, to our business operations and partnerships does not imply endorsement by the Government.
We provide links from our web pages to external web sites because they provide information that may interest our customers. This is provided as a convenience only. External links do not constitute an endorsement by MSC of the opinions, products, or services presented on the external site, or of any sites linked to it. MSC is not responsible for the legality or accuracy of information on externally linked sites, or for any costs incurred while using externally linked sites.
- Generally, materials produced by Federal agencies are in the public domain and may be reproduced without permission.
- Images on our web site which are in the public domain may be used without permission. If you use images from our web site, we ask that you credit us as the source. Please note that some images on our site have been obtained from other organizations. Permission to use these images should be obtained directly from those organizations.
- Links may be made to our web site from other personal and organizational web pages. We request that you link to our site rather than downloading portions of it to another web server, so that our viewers will see our most up-to-date information.
- Certain individuals depicted may claim rights in their likenesses and images. Use of photographs or other materials found on MSC's website may be subject to these claims. Anyone who intends to use these materials commercially should contact the individuals depicted or their representatives.
- It is possible that our site will provide you an opportunity to go to a software manufacturer's web site so you may download a related plug-in that will enable your browser to show you a part of our web site. This prompt occurs because our system can tell whether your browser has the needed capabilities provided by these plug-ins. Our system does not read or place anything on your hard drive when recognizing your browser's capabilities. While the plug-in(s) are needed to view some content, you retain control and choice about conducting the download. At the time that we create and post the web pages that require these software plug-ins for viewing, they are provided by their manufacturer for download and use free of charge. We can not guaranty, however, that the plug-in will remain free, or that the manufacturer will not collect personally identifying information about you when you elect to download the software from their site. If you choose to visit the manufacturer's web site to obtain the plug-in, please carefully review their posted policies for details about personal privacy and use of downloaded plug-ins.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. This law provides that under certain conditions libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction of materials. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If you use a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," you may be liable for copyright infringement. We recommend that you contact the United States Copyright Office at The Library of Congress to search currently copyrighted materials.
We work hard to ensure the information provided to you is accurate and complete. However, it is possible that information may change prior to updating. We welcome your suggestions on how to improve our home page and correct errors.
Please use the information on this web site based on your evaluation and analysis of any risks. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you use (including software, images, audio files, artwork, and documents) are free of any violations of intellectual property rights. For further discussion on this topic, please read our "copyright, restrictions, and permissions" notice.
Some of the documents on the server may contain live references (or "pointers") to information created and maintained by other organizations. MSC does not control and cannot guaranty the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of the outside materials.
Because we do not know how you are using information found on our web site, we do not make any express or implied warranties about the information contained in this web site for your particular use. Except as to segments of this web site specifically identified as authoritative guidance, we disclaim these warranties to the full extent provided by state and Federal law, including, but not limited to the warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. All indirect, consequential, implied, punitive and special damages are deemed waived if you use the information on this web site in any manner.
We use virus protection software on our computer systems and regularly update the software. This is a computer security measure that, in addition to maintaining our computer systems, also ensures that all files that we develop and/or post on our web servers are virus-free. When you request a file for download from our site, it is possible, though unlikely, that the data may contract a virus and become corrupted before it reaches your computer. Military Sealift Command is not responsible for files that may become corrupted as the data travels the Internet.