Notice: This is a U.S. Government Computer System
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
his is a World Wide Web site for official information about United States Navy's Military Sealift Command. It is provided as a public service by Military Sealift Command's Public Affairs Office, Washington, D.C. The purpose is to provide information and news about the Military Sealift Command to the Navy community, the general public and the media. All information on this site is public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
For site security purposes and to ensure this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except to ask the writer's name on incoming e-mail in order that we may respond to an individual, authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for statistical purposes only to determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
We protect your privacy while you visit us online.
- We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to send an e-mail to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request and not stored.
- Cookie Disclaimer - We do not use computer files (sometimes called "cookies") or any other method to record what you specifically do or where you go on our web site, nor do we use any method to monitor what you've done in the past on our web site.
MSC does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). MSC may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. We DO NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the buttons will not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
- We analyze use of our web site only using aggregated data to understand trends of use among all visitors so we can improve our web site.
- We save data, such as your computer's IP address, logged by our web servers as part of their standard Internet operating functions. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- If you provide us information about yourself via e-mail or a web form, your information will be used only for the purposes described at the point of collection, such as to send information to you, or to respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, MSC staff or its contractors may contact you to clarify your comment or question.
- We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party only in the following cases:
- To legal authorities if we suspect you are attempting to change or otherwise damage this web site, or you are using it in violation of Federal or local laws; or
- To Congress or a court in response to a subpoena.